Head Coach: Sam Allman
Based in the Dandenong Ranges just outside of Melbourne, Sam is the head coach and creator of Run With Strength Online Run Coaching. Sam is passionate about road, trail, mountain and ultra running which has lead to him completing multiple road marathons and trail ultra-marathons.
As well as being a Level 2 Athletics Australia qualified running coach, Sam has a Masters of Physiotherapy Practice and Bachelor of Health Science and has completed ASCA level 1 strength and conditioning coaches course. This has developed his wide ranging knowledge of running biomechanics, performance physiology and running related injuries.
Sam uses his deep knowledge of evidence based running training, running related injuries, strength and conditioning principles to tailor and adapt his programs for each individual athlete.
Sam is an avid road, trail, mountain and ultra-marathon runner himself, completing multiple marathons and ultra-marathons including Melbourne Marathon and Ultra-Trail Australia 100km and Surf Coast Century 100km. Sam is a very active runner with multiple races planned for 2023.
Sam is continuously building his coaching knowledge and is currently undertaking the High Performance West Scholar Program by legendary coaches Steve Magness and Jon Marcus.
Sam coaches running athletes of all abilities who have goals varying from completing their first 5km run to reaching their personal best in a 100km trail race.
Ongoing Monthly Online Coaching
As a Run With Strength athlete, you get everything below per calendar month of coaching.
- Personalised running training program tailored to your goals and fitness level. Working with your schedule to optimise running performance.
- Individualised strength and conditioning program using the “Physitrack” platform. Periodisation of your strength and conditioning program, including power and plyometric work.
- Unlimited ongoing adjustments to your program as required.
- Access to world class coaching platform “Final Surge” where you have 24/7 access to your training program and many more features. (Desktop and App version available)
- Video Call discovery chat. This is where we get an idea of who you are as a runner, your goals and ambitions and how we can work together to achieve those goals
- Regular communication with your coach via Final Surge and email.
- Phone/Video call catch ups before race day.
- Training and race strategy discussions and tips on all things running including race nutrition, strength and conditioning, general injury advice, race strategy and long term running goal planning.
The Run With Strength Difference
Run with strength knows how injuries can be a major set-back for running athletes. We also know that regular strength training can significantly reduce injury risk in runners whilst improving running performance! This is why we program strength training for all of our athletes. Being a physiotherapist with strength and conditioning training, we are uniquely positioned to help you become a strong, robust athlete.
If you are returning to running after an injury or series of injuries, Sam has the in-depth knowledge of running injuries, strength training and load management required to get you back running injury/pain free. Please note: Although Sam is a physiotherapist, this service is for running coaching and he cannot officially diagnose your running injury in this space. It is always recommended that you seek outside medical / physiotherapy advice for any injury. However, Sam regularly works with athletes to modify running load and strength and conditioning programs when returning from injury.
Interested In Online Run Coaching?
$159 AUD per month. No minimum term
We have re-opened our coaching roster with limited places. Please fill out the form below to express your interest!