Head Coach: Sam Allman
Based in the Dandenong Ranges just outside of Melbourne, Sam is the head coach and creator of Run With Strength Coaching. Sam is passionate about road, trail, mountain and ultra running which has lead to him completing multiple road marathons and trail ultra-marathons.
As well as being an Athletics Australia qualified running coach, Sam has a Masters of Physiotherapy Practice and Bachelor of Health Science and has completed ASCA level 1 strength and conditioning coaches course. This has developed his wide ranging knowledge of running biomechanics, performance physiology and running related injuries.
Sam uses his deep knowledge of evidence based running training, running related injuries, strength and conditioning principles to tailor and adapt his programs for each individual athlete.
Sam is an avid road, trail, mountain and ultra-marathon runner himself, completing multiple marathons and ultra-marathons including Melbourne Marathon and Ultra-Trail Australia 100km and Surf Coast Century 100km. Sam is a very active runner with multiple marathons and ultra marathons planned for 2022.
Sam is continuously building his coaching knowledge and is currently undertaking the High Performance West Scholar Program by legendary coaches Steve Magness and Jon Marcus.
Sam coaches running athletes of all abilities who have goals varying from completing their first 5km run to reaching their personal best in a 100km trail race.
Ongoing Monthly Online Coaching
As a Run With Strength athlete, you get everything below for $139 AUD per calendar month of coaching.
- We work with you to create a personalised training program tailored to your goals and fitness level. Working with your schedule to optimise running performance.
- Unlimited ongoing adjustments to your program as required.
- Access to our world class coaching platform “Final Surge” where you have 24/7 access to your training program and many more features. (Desktop and App version available)
- Tailored strength and conditioning program using the “Physitrack” platform. Periodisation of your strength and conditioning program, including power and plyometric work.
- Initial face-to-face meet up or SKYPE discovery chat. This is where we get an idea of who you are as a runner, your goals and ambitions and how as a team we can achieve those goals. We prefer a Face-to-face meet up so we really get to know our athletes (within Eastern Melbourne area only).
- Regular communication with your coach via Final Surge and email.
- SKYPE catch ups with your coach throughout the year.
- Training and race strategy discussions and tips on all things running including race nutrition, strength and conditioning, general injury advice, race strategy and long term running goal planning.
The Run With Strength Difference
Run with strength knows how injuries can be a major set-back for running athletes. We also know that regular strength training can significantly reduce injury risk in runners whilst improving running performance! This is why we program strength training for all of our athletes. Being a physiotherapist with strength and conditioning training, we are uniquely positioned to build you into a strong, robust athlete.
If you are returning to running after an injury or series of injuries, Sam has the in-depth knowledge of running injuries, strength training and load management required to get you back running injury/pain free. Please note: Although Sam is a physiotherapist, this service is for running coaching and he cannot officially diagnose your running injury in this space. It is always recommended that you seek outside medical / physiotherapy advice for any injury. However, Sam regularly works with athletes to modify running load and strength and conditioning programs when returning from injury.
Interested In Online Coaching?
$139 AUD per month. No minimum term
Our Athlete Roster is limited and fills quickly. Register your interest below!